Are you interested in purchasing a property as an investment or as a permanent home? Are you looking for peace and tranquility with a house near the seafront or in a secluded neighbourhood?
Whatever your needs, properties in Cyprus are increasing by the day, so you will surely find something within the criteria you want. What you need to know before buying property in Cyprus:
Location is KEY, and so is Research
There are thousands of properties for sale, finding the right one for you will take a bit of time and the right approach. Start with the online property sites, Property Cyprus.com is one of the best sites available, be prepared to go and see what’s available, and when you find your dream home, negotiate the best price. When buying property in Cyprus you should follow the following steps:
- Research the areas and decide where and what size property you need
- Read up on Cyprus in general – you can check our previous blog posts for this
- Find a reputable Estate Agent or Property Developer – you can find this on www.scala.cy
- Make sure that the they understand fully what your requirements are, you do not want to waste time looking at unsuitable property
- Once you have found your own paradise in the sun, find a reputable property lawyer to help you through the procedure.
Working with developers
When purchasing from a developer who has multiple units in a complex, make sure that the sale contract is deposited and registered at the Land Registry Office. In complexes like this, the whole complex needs to be completed before title deed are issued. In this way you will be protected under Cypriot law, and there will be no dispute over ownership of your property. The contract must be written by a property lawyer who will act in your best interests.
In order to be able to take advantage of the tax benefits when purchasing property through a company, talk to a tax expert who can advise you on how to set up the structure within your business the correct way. This will save you a lot of money in taxes and ultimately prove to be a great saving for your company.
Visit www.scala.cy website to find your property in Cyprus